Monday, February 7, 2011

Where Am I? Geneva!


You guessed it: I was in Geneva for the weekend!

As the home of the European headquarters of the UN, among hundreds of other international organizations, Geneva could surely be considered the modern caput mundi.

Lake Geneva (called lac Léman in French), is Western Europe's largest lake, with a surface area of 580km².

Switzerland's three C's: chocolate, cheese and clocks of course!

And Jean-Jacques Rousseau is the Genevese native whose philosophy was one of the sources of inspiration behind the French Revolution.

Congratulations to Julie, the lucky winner! I will pop this postcard in the mail for you tomorrow. Also, thank you to everyone who played!

I couldn't help but laugh when I came across these hilariously kitschy Swiss army knife chocolates--probably the ultimate Swiss souvenir--I had to buy them!

Spring break begins in just under three weeks so stay tuned for the next postcard challenges.

No comments: