Thursday, August 19, 2010

SF Street Style


On our last day in San Francisco, after having spent the early afternoon hanging out and grabbing a drink in the Haight, Peter and I walked back towards our hotel making sure to stop by Alamo Square to see the Postcard Row houses.

On our way there we passed a cute girl whose outfit I fell in love with. I wanted to take a picture of her à la street style, but as I do not run a street style blog, I felt a bit awkward asking. Instead, I took a mental photograph. Her outfit was very simple but classic. She wore a simple white short-sleeved bloused tucked into a knee-length pleated red skirt and a straw hat. Since then, I've been looking for a similar red skirt to recreate the outfit myself. Browsing the internet tonight, I think I found one:


This skirt has similar pleats, although the back is different. I had been thinking about making the red pleated skirt myself; I think this photo will serve as reference.

Anyway, Peter and I continued on to see the Painted Ladies (I raving about how cute the girl's outfit was). Later that evening we went for a walk. Passing through Chinatown we saw a group of about 30 men playing songs like When the Saints Go Marching In on Chinese instruments. Our ultimate destination for the evening was the block home to the historic City Lights bookstore and Vesuvio's.

After browsing City Lights, we headed next door for a drink. We found a table next to a window overlooking Jack Kerouac Alley. Still taking in the day's events, it was a pleasant coincidence that the waitress who came to take our order was none other than the girl with the cute red pleated skirt.

(skirt by leolucaescobar via Cup of Jo)

No comments: