Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Victoria

This past weekend I visited my friend Kristen in Victoria. I got a different view of the city as Kristen and her boyfriend live on the other side of the Johnson Street Bridge, in Vic West. This visit solidified my impression of Victoria as a very walkable city; from Kristen's door, the walk across the bridge to downtown was less than fifteen minutes.

This trip to Victoria was more laid back that previous ones. I only snapped this one photo. I find myself attracted to capturing bicycles and doorways. This bike was parked against a storefront in Fan Tan Alley in Victoria's Chinatown.

Victoria has lots of alleys, squares and "secret passages" connecting its downtown district. Fan Tan Alley is the narrowest (only 90cm wide at its smallest points). In the spring, Jacky demonstrated that you easily touch either wall. You can visit it digitally here.

No comments: