Saturday, October 16, 2010

Chicken Soup


I'm just warding off the last of a nasty cold I've been fighting for a week now. I made a really tasty large pot of chicken, curry, onion, garlic, carrot, cauliflower soup from scratch that I ate all last week.

Next time I feel like I'm starting to get sick I think I'll make this soup that is full of ingredients that are good for you when you have a cold. It looks so yummy in the photograph!

If you want to try the soup I made here's what I put in it:

- chicken stock
- rice
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 carrot (after having peeled the carrot, I peeled the rest of it into the soup)
- 3 onions, chopped (they're good for you when you have a cold)
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped (also very good for fighting colds)
- half a head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- ground black pepper, to taste
- curry powder, to taste

1. Sautée the onions until they have softened.
2. Add stock, water and rest of ingredients. I added the pepper and curry powder to taste afterward in my own bowl.
3. Bring to a boil, then let simmer until rice is cooked.

Enjoy!

No comments: